Corona – Information for foreign Citizens in Kronberg
Many non-German speakers are unsure about what exactly is going on. Our Federal Government and the Federal states have decided on Monday 16 March 2020, that social contacts in public shall be limited, to slow down the infection process of the corona epedemic. #flattenthecurve. In addition, we like to summarize the current travel restrictions.
What will remain opened?
Food retailers will continue to be open. Pharmacies, drugstores, petrol stations, banks, delivery services, post offices and other facilities also remain open. Subject to hygiene requirements, access is to be controlled and queues are to be avoided.
Service providers and tradesmen can continue to work. All healthcare facilities remain open, taking into account the increased hygienic requirements.
What will close?
From the end of today, all bars, clubs, night clubs, pubs and similar facilities are to be closed to the public. In addition, theaters, operas, concert halls, museums, trade fairs, exhibitions, cinemas, leisure and animal parks as well as providers of leisure activities (indoors and outdoors) are to shut down. Sports facilities, gyms, swimming pools and fun pools, playgrounds and any other retailers are also affected.
What other restrictions apply?
Restaurants will close at 6pm latest. Conditions apply to minimize the risk of spreading the corona virus, for example by regulating the distance between the tables or regulating the number of visitors. Accommodation offers may no longer be used for tourist purposes. Visits to hospitals and care facilities, among others, are to be restricted.
Are there travel restrictions?
According to the German Foreign Ministry, it is currently not advisable to travel abroad, as drastic restrictions in international air and travel traffic, quarantine measures and restrictions in public life are to be expected in many countries. The risk that you will no longer be able to start your return journey due to the increasing restrictions is currently high in many destinations.
Also any overnight travel within Germany will be difficult as hotels and accommodations may no longer be used for tourist purposes
Changes to the entry and quarantine regulations can be made without prior notice and with immediate effect. Numerous travelers in several countries are currently affected and prevented from traveling on or back.
Naturally, dangers vary according to the spread of COVID-19 in individual countries or areas, but also depending on the possibility of protective measures and the distance to other people.
Travelers from China, Japan, South Korea, Iran and Italy have to expect controls when they return to Germany and fill out an exit card. This is used to track contacts if a fellow traveler later turns out to be the carrier of the Covid-19.
Border controls are again being carried out at the land borders with Denmark, Luxembourg, France, Austria and Switzerland, with travelers being rejected without good reason. Goods traffic, commuters, but also travelers returning to their place of residence can continue to travel provided they do not show any symptoms of illness.
We would kindly ask you to share this Facebook post in your communities and with non-native speakers you know and who might benefit from this information.
The following aspects shall be considered:
- Check critically whether your planned trip abroad is absolutely necessary or cannot be postponed. For the time being, do not travel abroad for tourist purposes.
- If there are no flights, try to get back to Germany as quickly as possible.
- Check your travel health insurance coverage and, if necessary, extend your insurance coverage with a return.
- Make sure you register in our crisis preparedness list of your embassy and keep your contact details up to date.
- If you need to travel before you travel, inquire at your local travel agency about current entry and possible quarantine regulations and entry restrictions for certain previous stays.
- Before you book a longer trip, e.g. a cruise personally through a travel agency and, if necessary, also get medical advice, especially if you have previous illnesses or are already at an advanced age.
- Make sure you have a sufficient supply of necessary medication, even if you are going to stay abroad for an extended period.
- Prepare for possible additional costs for an extended stay and have your credit line increased if necessary.
- If quarantine measures are ordered, do not expect a return from your tour operator or the federal government, but follow the instructions of local health authorities.
In case you have any questions about the current situation, please do not hesitate to contact me (Email: email@example.com). I will happy to help to the extend this is currently feasible.